Banner

Banner

Tuesday 13 March 2012

Don't Choose The Better Man, Choose The Man Who Makes You A Better Woman.




So last week I went to see This Means War at the cinema.


To be honest I went to see it for one reason and one reason alone...


And needless to say, it didn't disappoint.

The story is about two best friends, who happen to be CIA agents, who fall for the same girl.
She doesn't know they're friends and goes about dating both of them, not knowing the other is seeing almost everything that happens and trying to counteract it. It stars Reese Witherspoon, Chris Pine, Tom Hardy and Chelsea Handler.


There isn't so much as far as story goes (it's no Inception) but I still found it thoroughly entertaining.
It's got a great mix of action and rom-com which I don't think is a base very well covered recently (in my opinion, I could be miles from the truth!). 
The stunts are great and there are a few one liners that had me giggling for hours afterwards, but that could be my simple mind! 


It was actually really nice to see Tom Hardy in something a bit less intense than the stuff he usually does. He's a fantastic actor and always takes me in but it was good for him to show he can do the more lighthearted, less tortured characters as well as the psychopaths he can so easily portray!

I won't give anything away but she does choose one guy in the end! (I did wonder how they were going to swing it) but *semi-spoiler-alert* it is all happy endings by the credits... kinda!

If you've got a free afternoon and you like an all-round entertaining mix of action, romance and comedy, go and see this. And if not, go see it for this...


Lots of Love, Taz x


No comments:

Post a Comment