Banner

Banner

Tuesday 3 July 2012

What If The Hokey Cokey Really Is What It's All About?

Hello All!

I've decided to do a HAUL post on things I bought at the MetroCentre in Gateshead. 
I don't go there that often, not since I left Sunderland, but I went a few weeks ago with the girls and got some great stuff. 

So I decided to go again this week and, since one of my best friends lives about 15mins away, we drove over on Monday. 

I'd heard about this American Candy place opening up and the week of it opening there were apparently queues out the door, so I was excited the check it out.

Well, evidently the reason the queues were out the door were probably because its smaller than my bedroom! It's a tiny place, for anyone who knows the MetroCentre it's in that little village set-up between the green & blue malls, so only teeny.


They had a few nice things, but my friend went to America for a couple of years and would send loads of stuff back so there was nothing that really stood out to me. I did get a couple of cans of Mountain Dew though because I've never had the proper American stuff, just that energy one you can get over here.

I also got some, more, candles. If you follow my blog / twitter you'll probably know I have a bit of an addiction to candles, and a quite substantially larger addiction to Yankee Candles...

BUT, in my defence, the Nature's Paintbrush is one that I've been after for ages!


Also, the Christmas Tree tealights were super reduced from Christmas so that's okay, right?! 
The Pink Rose one just looked pretty, and smelled nice.
And was only £1.50 from Primark. Bargain.

I have to admit to totally going off Primark in the last few years, and if I'm being honest, I got a bit snooty about it, thinking it was just cheap tat. BUT, I think they've really raised their game recently and although you can't expect to compare the quality against the more expensive shops, they do have some nice stuff.


The only clothing I bought from there was this Roxy Music top. It's really short so probably good over denim or high-waisted shorts maybe? 

I also got some stuff from the Home department, I really like some of the things they have on offer...


I loved this cushion, I'm redecorating my room with a neutral walls and colourful accessories set up so for £7, I thought this would fit in really well.

I also got these pillowcases, because they're so pretty, but mainly because they were only £2 for a pack of 2!






I got a huge bag for half price at only £5 which has a bright orange lining, and I was after some quite plain summer flats so I went for these nude snakeskin pumps for £5.


From Topshop I just got a couple of bits of jewellery...

The cross rings were £8.50, but the other ring was in the half-price sale so was only £2!







We went into That's Entertainment on the way home and I got some DVDs and some posters...



I'm not even embarrassed about the Avengers poster! It's only a mini one but I still unashamedly LOVE it :)
The DVDs, if you can't see them, are Three Kings, Tropic Thunder, The Office Series 1 & 2, Dogma and Pearl Harbour.

I also got two other posters which I havent put up yet, but they're big ones in the style of the "Keep Calm And Carry On" signs, but one's movie quotes and one's song titles. (I'll take snaps of them when they're up!)


I got a vest top from New Look for £8.99. I love the design.

Finally, I got a wooden sign for my room...


I like inspirational stuff like that.

So that's what I bought! (& spent far too much money on!) 

If there's anything you like that I've forgotten to say where it was from or how much then feel free to ask :)

I'm gonna sign off with something that me & my friend both absolutely adored but at £14 couldn't justify buying...


It tickled us anyway!

Anyway take care, Lots of Love, Taz x

15 comments:

  1. What a haul! It's just reminded me again that I really want a Yankee Candle. It's a bit pathetic that I keep putting off buying one because of the price!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they're a ridiculous price arent they! Luckily they're very often on offer round here so I usually don't have to fork out full price.
      Although I think I have enough to open my own store now :P xx

      Delete
  2. I love what you brought. I always find myself buying candles wherever I am and the nice ones I don't want to light. The sign at the bottom is hilarious I think it's worth purchasing at some point :)

    gemmaslense.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I know, I have so many candles that I'm 'saving'... I don't know what on earth I'm saving them for!
      Haha, I'm really hoping that sign will come on sale at some point, it makes me smile whenever I see the photo! x

      Delete
  3. I tagged you in my latest post http://nikiniknak.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/leibster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good haul :) I love the sign

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas Yankee candles are my favourites. Christmas Cookie is my favourite. Mmm. I can't wait for Christmas now!

    Laura xo
    whatlauradid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them all! I just always want to burn them before Christmas but somehow it seems so wrong when your room smells like Christmas when it's like 27'C!
      xx

      Delete
  6. niceee things! your blog is lovely :D ♥

    http://cheesypeasy.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  7. yaaay, a fellow north east blogger! hah, i love a good old shop in the metro, and yes, that new candy shop is TINY. although, i probably bought my own body weight in hershey's cookies and creme last time ;) you picked up some gorgeous things, love the topshop jewellery :)xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like my go-to place when I know I wanna spend loads!
      Oh wow, did you see all the pop tarts? I want to try them!
      xx

      Delete
  8. I LOVE candles! Have so many yankee candles they are gorgeous.

    Stories of an English rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore them all! I need to stop buying really but they're so nice! x

      Delete